If you’re considering a SMART irrigation controller, you may be eligible for a rebate!
How do I apply?
- Review the rebate application for program guidelines.
- Get pre-approval by calling 214.509.4559 or email our Water Conservation Manager before you select, purchase or install items.
- Purchase and install a qualifying SMART controller. Save your receipts and bar codes!
- Complete the SMART Rebate Application as soon as possible. Your rebate won’t be processed until all paperwork is received.
Which SMART controllers qualify for the rebate?
To qualify for rebate, a SMART controller must have the ability to:
- Connect to local weather station via Wi-Fi or have an on-site weather station
- Program each zone according to correct plant type, soil type, sprinkler nozzle type, sun/shade conditions and slope conditions
- Program on only allowed watering days per neighborhood schedule (no exceptions from watering restrictions are given for SMART controllers)
- Give suggested run times for each zone that is adjustable
- Turn off the system in the event of a rain or freeze condition
- Water using the cycle-soak method
How much can I save?
If your rebate application is approved, the City of Allen will rebate 50% of the installation cost (up to $125) of a qualifying SMART controller. The cost may include hardware and installation costs incurred by a licensed irrigator.