If you’re considering a SMART irrigation controller, you may be eligible for a rebate!
How do I apply?
- Review the rebate application for program guidelines.
- Purchase and install a qualifying SMART controller. Save your receipts and bar codes!
- Complete the SMART Irrigation Rebate Application as soon as possible. Your rebate won’t be processed until all paperwork is received.
Can I mail a printed application?
If you prefer to mail your application, please print and complete a SMART Irrigation Rebate Application. Be sure to enclose the following with your application:
- Copy of original invoice or sales receipt showing date and place of sale, date and address of installation (if performed by vendor or contractor), itemized description of purchase and cost of items; and
- Copy of original proof of purchase with complete barcode (if self-installed)
Mail application and documents to: City of Allen, Attn: SMART Irrigation Rebate, 305 Century Parkway, Allen, TX 75013
Which SMART controllers qualify for the rebate?
Qualified SMART controllers are:
- Orbit B-Hyve
- Netro Sprite
- Rain Machine
- Hunter Pro-HC
Why do only six SMART controllers qualify for the rebate?
To qualify, a SMART Controller must meet all six qualifications listed below:
- Connect to local weather station via Wi-Fi or have an onsite weather station.
- Program each zone according to correct plant type, soil type, sprinkler nozzle type, sun/shade conditions and slope conditions.
- Program only on watering days allowed per neighborhood schedule.
- Give suggested run times for each zone that is adjustable.
- Turn off the system in the event of a rain or freeze condition.
- Water using the cycle-soak method.
How much can I save?
If your rebate application is approved, City of Allen will rebate $75 for the installation of a qualifying SMART controller. The cost may include hardware and installation costs incurred by a licensed irrigator.
Are SMART controllers exempt from watering restrictions?
SMART irrigation controllers do not exempt residents from City watering and time of day restrictions. View the watering schedule at CityofAllen.org/WateringDay.
Who qualifies for this rebate?
This program is for owner-occupied residents only; tenant and commercial requests are not eligible.