The Allen Animal Shelter needs adult volunteers to assist in the day-to-day care of the animals. Youth volunteers are not being taken at this time and volunteer hours cannot be used to fulfill court-ordered community service.
Requirements for adult volunteers include:
- an adult 18 years or older
- available to volunteer 7 – 10 a.m.
- ability to clean dog runs and cat kennels
- ability to handle large dogs
- must pass a background check and sign a waiver
Specific help is needed through the end of January, however volunteers can continue to help indefinitely. There will be a required training class that lasts about an hour and a half. Applications can be picked up and submitted at the Allen Animal Shelter, 770 S. Allen Heights Drive. For more information, call 214.509.4378.