Utility billing customers who use the City of Allen Citizen Self-Service (CSS) Portal will be prompted to verify and relink their account information beginning Sunday, Aug. 20. Login instructions can be found below. This update is required by the City’s vendor to perform necessary system upgrades and enhance overall security.
Autopay preferences are not impacted. For customers enrolled in autopay, payments will continue to be made automatically using the payment method you previously selected.
How to log in to the new Utility Billing Payment Portal
Beginning Sunday, Aug. 20, the new Utility Billing Payment Portal will be available to customers. Please use the following steps to log in:
- Visit the new payment portal at https://selfservice.cityofallen.org/css/.If you previously bookmarked the site in your browser, delete the old bookmark and create a new one.
- Click "LOG IN." The link can be found in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, as shown below:
- Select your login preference. You may log in with a Google, Apple, Microsoft or Facebook account. However, DO NOT enter your email address in the address field. (Our vendor is currently working on a known issue with this login method.) If you prefer to log in with your email address, skip to the very bottom and click the "Sign up" link as shown below:
- Verify your login preference. Enter the temporary code sent to your email address or create a password to log in.
- Link your utility account(s) if they do not appear automatically. If no accounts appear in the "Linked accounts" list, click on "Link to Account" to add one.
- Enter your Account ID and CID to relink your account. Both numbers are found at the top of your monthly billing statement sent via mail and/or email. The Account ID is the number before the dash. The CID is the number after the dash. Both are shown in the screenshot below:
If you experience issues or need assistance, please contact City of Allen Utility Billing by emailing COAutilities@cityofallen.org or calling 214.509.4560 during normal business hours of Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Please note that we are experiencing high call volumes during this time and will respond to messages as soon as possible. The customer service line will be unavailable on Monday, Sept. 4 due to the Labor Day holiday.