String the lights and pass the hot cocoa—it’s holiday season in Allen! Hayrides, face painting and family memories await at these special holiday events.
Be sure to follow us on Instagram and tag your magical holiday moments using #NoPlaceLikeAllen.
- (Nov. 27-Dec. 10) Santa is accepting wish lists! Your child can type a Letter to Santa and drop it in one of his mailboxes at Joe Farmer Recreation Center or Allen Public Library. Keep an eye on your mailbox for a special response from Santa himself! Letters must be received by Dec. 10.
- (Dec. 4) There’s a run for everyone at the Holly Jolly 5K and Fun Run. Participate in the race, then join your family and friends for some post-run fun at the Holly Jolly Celebration! View the course map and register online
- (Dec. 4) What’s a holiday without hayrides? Allen’s annual Holly Jolly Celebration returns with live entertainment, crafts and activities, a spectacular tree lighting, and of course—hayrides!
- (Dec. 4) Shop from over 40 local vendors at the Cottonwood Creek Church Christmas Market. Don’t miss this opportunity to find all kinds of unique handmade holiday items. Event includes photos with Santa!
- (Dec. 4) Mingle with members of Allen Civic Ballet during Tea with the Sugar Plum Fairy. Sip tea and lemonade while hearing stories from Mother Ginger and other characters from “The Nutcracker.” Purchase tickets
- (Dec. 4) Toy Drive at Credit Union of Texas Event Center: Donate a new, unwrapped toy from 4 to 7 p.m. and get half-price tickets to the Dallas Sidekicks home opener at 7 p.m. Toy donations support All Community Outreach.
- (Dec. 5) Toy Drive at Credit Union of Texas Event Center: Donate a new, unwrapped toy from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and receive $20 tickets to the Allen Americans game at 2:05 p.m. Includes a post-game on-ice photo opportunity. Toy donations support All Community Outreach.
- (Dec. 5) Dress in your favorite festive wear to attend the Rotary Club of Allen’s annual Christmas Parade. This year’s theme is Christmas in Toyland.
- (Dec. 7) Kiwanis Club of Allen presents Pancake Breakfast with Santa. Free admission includes face painting, holiday music and a FREE photo with Santa and Mrs. Claus! Donations support Kiwanis Club efforts.
- (Dec. 11) Come out to The Edge Skate Park for our annual Holiday Bash. Experience a fun-filled day of BMX, skateboard and scooter competitions. Open to ages 5-30.
- (Dec. 11) History for the holidays! Tour the Allen Depot every second and fourth Saturday. Learn more at AllenHeritage.org
- (Dec. 17) Lift your holiday spirits with On Stage @ APL: A Hootenanny Christmas. The Bodarks take the stage to perform a mix of ragtime, jug band and Western swing combined with punk. Watch live or attend in-person.
- (Dec. 18) New and experienced skaters can enjoy the ice at Allen Community Ice Rink's Holiday Skate. Includes photos with Santa, crafts, and skating with Rudolph and Frosty! FREE skate rental if you bring a non-perishable food item.
- (Dec. 18-19) Allen Civic Ballet presents “The Nutcracker.” Follow Clara as she saves her beloved Nutcracker Prince from the evil Mouse Queen! Includes live music from Allen Philharmonic Orchestra. Purchase tickets
- (Dec. 19) Join Allen Community Ice Rink as they celebrate "Holidays on Ice" featuring the Allen Academy of Skating and Allen Community Ice Rink Skaters. FREE admission with donation of a non-perishable food item.