The City of Allen is celebrating one year of improved service with its MyAllen app!
MyAllen launched in 2020 as a tool for residents to submit work orders, sign up for trash collection reminders and report maintenance issues around the city. MyAllen replaced a previous service app which offered limited features and various complexities.
“The greatest benefit of MyAllen is the timeliness of resident requests being assigned to the appropriate City departments,” said Kevin Cameron, Enterprise Application manager for City of Allen. “With the previous app, staff had to manually copy the request from an email into the City’s Work Order Management system. This required resources and extended the time to address the request.”
Working with the app developer, the City of Allen customized its work order systems to improve user experience. The new app uses a guided workflow that offers better communication for residents and efficient processes for City departments.
Check out these first-year stats for MyAllen:
- Total iOS downloads: 3,571
- Total Android downloads: 1,245
- Total reports created: 5,232
- Total users subscribed for trash/recycling reminders: 1,840
- Total user accounts: 5,840
- Average reports created per day: 13.015
- Average reports closed per day: 11.46
Most common requests:
- Trash/Recycling/HHW: 29.3%
- Property Maintenance: 17.4%
- Building Maintenance Requests (Internal): 13.5%
- Animal Issues: 7.1%
- Streets: 6.4%
- Park/Trail Issue: 4.7%
- Vehicles: 4.2%
- Sidewalk: 3.8%
- Water Leaks: 3.3%
- Chemicals/Paint (HHW): 2.3%
- All others: 2%
How can I start using MyAllen?
Create an account and you’re ready to go! Submit a work request using the online request center or download the app for iOS or Android. If preferred, you can choose to submit requests anonymously.
VIDEO: Keep Allen gold with MyAllen app