ERCOT UPDATE: FRIDAY, FEB. 19 - The Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) expects to come out of emergency conditions later this morning.
"There is enough generation on the electric system to allow us to begin to return to more normal operating conditions," said Senior Director of System Operations Dan Woodfin.
No additional outages were needed overnight to keep power supply and electric demand in balance, and only a few generating units tripped.
Electric utilities continue to address remaining customer outages. Customers should contact their electric provider if they are without power.
Customers that are without power likely fall into one of these three categories:
- Areas out due to ice storm damage on the distribution system
- Areas that were taken out of service due to the energy emergency load shed that need to be restored manually (i.e., sending a crew to the location to reenergize the line)
- Large industrial facilities that voluntarily went offline to help during this energy emergency
As of 7:30 [Friday] morning, approximately 34,000 MW of generation remains on forced outage due to this winter weather event. Of that, nearly 20,000 MW is thermal generation and the rest is wind and solar.
If you are experiencing an outage: Don't call 9-1-1 if your power goes out. Contact your power company to report the outage using the information found on your monthly statement. If you see fallen power lines on a road, alley or sidewalk, call 9-1-1 before contacting the power company. If you operate a restaurant, view these considerations and tips for dealing with a power outage.
- CoServ: Report power outages by texting OUT to 768482. You can get updates on the outage by texting STATUS to the same number. You can also call 844.330.0762 and bookmark CoServ.com/OutageMap for estimated restoration times and other updates. Or, use your registered SmartHub account to report an outage.
- ONCOR: Report an outage to Oncor by downloading the MyOncor app, calling 888.313.4747, visiting Oncor’s mobile-friendly outage map at Oncor.com or by texting OUT to 66267. You can streamline the My Oncor Alerts text program registration process by registering prior to a storm. To register, text REG to 66267.
- GCEC: Report power outages by texting OUT to 768482. You can get updates on the outage by texting STATUS to the same number. You can also call 903.482.7111 or use your registered SmartHub account or download the MyGCEC app.