Customers can prevent water cutoffs or restore water service by contacting utility billing. We are eager to work with customers to resolve account issues and create payment plans.
We know many customers may still be facing unexpected hardships due to COVID-19. Our representatives will help identify payment solutions to keep accounts in good standing and restore water service. Late payment penalties and interest charges will be removed for all residential customers, and the $50 additional account deposit will be waived for customers experiencing a cutoff.
Customers can visit Allen City Hall or call 214.509.4560 from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, to create a payment plan or speak to a customer service representative. Phone payments are not accepted.
Normal billing processes resumed February 1, 2021 after a temporary suspension of water service cutoffs that began in April 2020. Impacted customers have been notified repeatedly by mail. If service is cut off, a $40 reconnection fee is required to restore service.
Payment Options for Maintaining/Restoring Service
- Set up a payment plan and make payment in person: Visit the Customer Service windows at Allen City Hall (305 Century Parkway) to set up a payment plan and make a payment (including $40 reconnection fee, if applicable).
- Set up a payment plan by phone: Customers can set up a payment plan over the phone to apply changes to their accounts. A payment (including $40 reconnection fee, if applicable) must be made before service is restored. As phone payments are not accepted, customers should be prepared to pay online or in person to promptly restore service. Reconnection may be delayed for those using mail-in or drive-thru payments.
- Pay full amount online: If you do not set up a payment plan, you must pay the full balance of your account to restore water service. You may do so online using Citizen Self Service If you haven’t used this service before, please follow these instructions to create a new account.
- Drive-Thru Payments: Reconnection may be delayed for those using drive-thru payments. If you do not set up a payment plan, you must pay the full balance of your account to restore water service. You may pay by check or money order by dropping your payment in the Utility Billing drop boxes located at Allen City Hall (305 Century Parkway). One is located near the front flagpole; the other is behind the building, in a small roundabout between City Hall and Allen Police Headquarters. Do not drop off cash payments.
- Pay by Mail: Reconnection will be delayed for those using mail-in payments. If you do not set up a payment plan, you must pay the full balance of your account to restore water service. You can mail your check or money order to City of Allen Utility Billing, P.O. Box 734802, Dallas, TX 75373-4802. Please include the payment stub found at the bottom of your bill. Do not mail cash payments.