Allen Community Ice Rink (ACIR) is open with operational adjustments for added safety. You can read our new procedures below.
Patrons are encouraged to wear face coverings when visiting any City facility. For questions related to specific departments or facilities, please contact us by phone.
Cleaning and safety procedures
The following cleaning and sanitization measures now are implemented ACIR:
- Coaches and facility staff will wear masks.
- The front desk is outfitted with a safety screen
- Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance and front desk areas.
- The facility is cleaned and disinfected daily before and after closing.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of high-traffic areas throughout the day includes, but is not limited to, railings, benches, bathrooms, equipment and doors. Extra time is allotted between events for staff and coaches to complete this process.
- Fogging takes place after closing two days each week.
What to expect when visiting
During your visit to the rink:
- Use the marked one-way doors for entering and exiting the facility.
- Seating is marked to ensure social distance; do not move the chairs.
- Locker rooms are limited.
- Showers are not available.
- Participants must come dressed.
- Bring your own water.
- Water fountains and vending machines are not in use.
- Amenities such as showers and water fountains will be reviewed periodically for safety and added back as soon as possible.
If your program, league or rental was impacted, please contact us for refund information.
For more information on facility operations and procedures, call ACIR staff at 972.912.1097.