Allen Public Library is open to the public with adjusted hours and limited occupancy.
Hours of operation
Allen Public Library is open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Tuesday, and from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday through Friday. The facility is closed to the public on Saturday and Sunday.
Curbside pickup service is offered Monday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Learn how to schedule a curbside pickup.
Library hours and services will be expanded as conditions warrant and state guidelines allow.
- Facial coverings or masks that cover the nose and mouth are required for visitors to Allen Public Library per Governor Abbott’s Executive Order No. GA-29 issued on Thursday, July 2, 2020.
- To encourage appropriate distancing, up to 60 visitors will be allowed in the library at one time. All visitors must use the gallery entrance.
- Seating, tables, study/meeting rooms, quiet/magazine lounges and other gathering areas will be temporarily unavailable for patron use.
- Public computers and printing are available on a limited basis. Call 214.509.4905 for details.
- Interactive displays, including toys and games in the children’s area, have been removed to limit the spread of germs.
- Interlibrary loans are being accepted and processed. Request an Interlibrary loan.
- Donations of books and other materials are not being accepted at this time.
- Book sale shelves stocked by the Friends of the Allen Public Library have been temporarily removed from the gallery.
- Building rentals of the Civic Auditorium, meeting room and board room are unavailable until further notice.
- Food for Thought Market and Café will be open for to-go orders. Call 972.908.2233 to confirm hours and options.
Library staff will wear masks while interacting with the public. Patrons are also required to wear masks during their visit (see first bullet point above).
Seniors and other high-risk visitors are encouraged to visit the library from 10-11 a.m. Monday-Friday.
Story Times, On Stage @ APL programming and other events will continue to be held virtually. Watch them on the Allen Public Library Facebook page and Allen City Television YouTube channel.