Staying in town for spring break? Plan a playdate or organize a family outing to one of these great events or facilities, located right here in Allen!
- Slice some ice at the Spring Break Open Skate on Saturday, March at Allen Community Ice Rink. Pay just $5 for entry and bring a non-perishable food item to receive a free skate rental!
- Enjoy a medley of songs, including selections from Carnival of the Animals and Tchaikovsky's Peter and the Wolf at Allen Philharmonic's Music for Young Audiences.
- Catch a free family flick at Allen Public Library's Civic Auditorium, showing The Lego Ninjago Movie on Monday, March 12.
- Take a dip in the pool at Don Rodenbaugh Natatorium. Not a member? Daily swim passes are available for $5 and under.
- Browse colorful artworks at Intuitive Evolution, a free art exhibit open March 2-25 at Blue House Too.
- Check out cool STEAM activities for ages 7-12 when the Perot Museum TECH Truck makes a stop at Allen Public Library on Tuesday, March 13.
- Encourage your child's Olympic enthusiasm at Introduction to Skating classes held Tuesday, March 13 and Thursday, March 15 at Allen Community Ice Rink.
- Dazzle kids with singing, skits and giant bubbles at the Outdoor Bubble Show, held Wednesday, March 14 at Allen Public Library.
- Enroll your kids in one of Allen Parks and Recreation's Spring Break Camps. Spots are limited, so browse the options soon!
- Try your hand—well, technically, your feet—at a round of FootGolf at The Courses at Watters Creek.
- Burn off extra energy at The Edge Skate Park, open to skateboards, in-line skates, scooters and BMX/freestyle bikes without pegs.
- Get tickets to Allen Community Theatre's production of Hollywood Arms, a play chronicling the life of comedian and actress Carol Burnett.
- Create a unique piece of string art using nails and embroidery floss during a special session of The Arts @ APL on Thursday, March 15. Open to ages 12-18.
- Celebrate the luck of the Irish with a St. Patrick's Day Celebration featuring crafts, games and a scavenger hunt at Allen Public Library. For ages 5-8.
- Use your logic puzzle skills to solve the Mystery at Hogwarts during this exciting lock-in at Allen Public Library on Friday, March 16. Open to ages 12-18. Registration required.
- Break out the bricks at Allen Public Library's Lego Family Fun Day on Saturday, March 17.
- Visit the Allen Heritage Center on March 17-18 for a special Allen Railroad Days modular train exhibit featuring a display of trolleys and interurbans. Over 100 model trains representing various railroads will be featured.
- Take a stroll through Allen's history at the Allen Heritage Village Open House on March 18.