Admission fees are changing at Allen’s newly-renovated community pool.
Ford Pool will open on Memorial Day weekend following a $3.6 million renovation. The new pool features a 20-foot slide, play structure, bucket tower, zero-depth entry and six lap lanes.
Because the pool has bigger footprint, Allen Parks & Recreation must hire additional staff to meet aquatic safety standards. New admission fees, approved by council members on Feb. 28, reflect these added expenses and updated amenities.
- · Daily admission (residents): $3
- · Daily admission (non-residents): $5
- · Season pass (individual resident): $65
- · Season pass (individual non-resident): $100
- · Family pass (residents): $200
- · Family pass (non-residents): $300
Membership at other locations (including Don Rodenbaugh Natatorium, Joe Farmer Recreation Center and Allen Senior Recreation Center) will no longer include the use of Ford Pool. Patrons can reserve pavilions or cabanas for an additional fee. Ford Pool will also be available for private rentals outside normal operating hours.