April 22, 2023
305 Century Parkway
Allen, TX 75013
Free for Allen solid waste utility account holders
2023 Great American Cleanup
Saturday, April 22, 2023
Dispose responsibly with the help of the 2023 Great American Cleanup!
This convenient event allows Allen solid waste utility customers one-stop disposal of accepted items for recycling and donations.
To participate, you must bring:
- Your current City of Allen utility bill, placed in your windshield for easy viewing
- Your drivers license (must contain the same address as the one on your utility bill)
When you arrive at the event, please stay in your vehicle. Staff will unload your items for you. Pack similar items together to reduce the amount of time staff spend sorting.
- Animal donations: Pet products, toys, carriers, unexpired pet food/supplements/medical dips, laundry detergent, towels
- Bicycle donations: Bicycles, tricycles and bike accessories
- Shoe donations: All types of shoes/footwear
- Other donations: Household goods, clean and bagged clothing/accessories, books and DVDs, toys, working televisions/electronics, walkers/rollators/wheelchairs/crutches, shower chairs, tub transfer benches, IV poles
- Electronics recycling: Laptops and tablets, printers and ink cartridges, copy/fax machines, answering machines, flat-screen TVs and computer monitors, computer towers and accessories*
- Cardboard boxes: Clean, empty, flattened cardboard boxes only
- Paper for shredding: Limit of five (5) file-sized boxes or 12-16 gallon plastic trash bags. All binders and clips must be removed
- Medication disposal: Prescription and non-prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, sharps
- Make your way to Bethany Drive. Enter the event from the south by turning on Century Parkway from Bethany Drive. There is no event entry from McDermott Drive!
- Choose your drop-off options. If you are bringing donations, proceed straight on Century Parkway to Zone 1, located in the front parking lot of Allen City Hall. If you are only bringing items for recycling or disposal, turn right on Butler Drive to enter Zone 2.
- Use your fast-pass to circle back. If you need to visit both zones, stop by Zone 1 first. You will then receive fast-pass access to Zone 2.