Yard Waste Collection
Yard waste is collected weekly on the same day your trash collection. Up to 7 bundles and 15 bags of yard waste will be collected each week. Items must be placed at your trash collection point by 7 a.m., at least two feet away from trash and recycling carts.
- Sticks and brush trimmings in 4' x 2' bundles with biodegradable cotton/jute rope, twine, or string, weighing less than 40 pounds. Do not bundle tree and brush trimmings with nylon rope, plastic, metal, garden hoses, or other non-compostable materials.
- Leaves, grass clippings and plant materials placed in biodegradable paper lawn bags. Plastic bags will not be collected!
- Natural Christmas trees cut in four foot sections.
- Dirt, gravel, concrete, rock, sod and other construction/landscaping materials.
- Flocked or artificial Christmas trees.
Schedule CollectionLoose brush is collection monthly on your assigned collection Wednesday. You must schedule pickup by calling CWD at 972.392.9300 (option 2) by noon on the day before collection.
Did you hire a contractor?
If you've hired a commercial contractor to trim or remove trees, their service must include the cost of removing all debris from your property. The City is not responsible for removing debris cut by commercial contractors.
|Regular Trash Day||Loose Brush Collection Day|
Other Disposal Options
If you have larger amounts of loose brush or don't want to wait for your assigned collection day, see do-it-yourself disposal options.
For an additional fee, CWD offers special collection for larger amounts of loose brush. Call 972.392.9300 (option 2) to request a quote.