About City Council
The City of Allen operates under a council-manager form of government as approved by voters in 1979 through the adoption of the Allen City Charter. The Home Rule Charter for the City of Allen provides that the Allen City Council shall consist of the mayor and six council members elected by numbered places and are elected at-large by the registered voters of Allen to serve three-year, staggered terms of office. Each member of the Allen City Council serves citywide.
Letters, Proclamations, Events
Submit request form for Mayoral
letters and proclamations.
Email City Secretary's Office for
Mayor and Council event invitations.
Councilmember, Place No. 1
Email Councilmember Kizer | Bio
Councilmember, Place No. 4
Email Councilmember Schulmeister | Bio
Councilmember, Place No. 2
Email Councilmember Clemencich | Bio
Gary L. Caplinger
Mayor Pro Tem, Place No. 5
Ph. 214. 509.4125
Email Councilmember Caplinger | Bio
Councilmember, Place No. 3
Email Councilmember Doherty | Bio
Councilmember, Place No. 6
Email Councilmember Brooks | Bio
To message the Mayor
According to the City of Allen Charter Article II, Section 2.02 and Chapter 141 of the Texas Election Code, a City Council candidate must:
- Be a United States citizen;
- Be a qualified voter of the City of Allen for at least six (6) months at the time of filing;
- Be a resident of the City of Allen for at least one year immediately preceding their election;
- Hold no other elected office or appointed public office or position of emolument, except as authorized by state law;
- have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be:
totally mentally incapacitated; or
partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote; and
- have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities.