What we do
The City of Allen Traffic Division aims to provide safe and efficient traffic movement through design, construction, operation and maintenance of traffic control systems. You can learn more about City traffic management with these resources:
- What is the speed limit when there are no speed limit signs?
- Is it possible to change the speed limit on a particular street?
- How would I make a request to have a traffic signal or stop sign installed?
- Can I ask for a speed limit sign to be installed in alleys?
- How does a signal operate? Is a specific signal operating correctly?
- How are signals synchronized?
- Why do I have to wait so long after I stop at a specific signal?
- How do I find how much traffic flow is at a specific location?
- Are Stop signs effective as a tool for speed control?
- Does the City install Speed Bumps (Road Humps) to control speeding problems on residential streets?
- How does a pedestrian signal work?
- Is the City of Allen working on getting DART rail service?