Arts and Culture
- Allen Arts Alliance:As the umbrella organization for many of the arts in the Allen community, the Allen Arts Alliance promotes, nurtures, and celebrates the arts through interactive participation with schools, civic organizations, businesses and citizens. It encompasses member organizations such as Allen Civic Ballet, Allen Heritage Guild, Allen Philharmonic Orchestra and Symphony Chorus, the Visual Arts League of Allen, Allen's Community Theatre and more.
- Allen Quilter's Guild: A 501(c)(3) organization, promoting the knowledge of all aspects of quilting including the heritage, education, art and friendship of quilting with meetings held the 3rd Thursday of each month at Blue House Too.
- Collin County Ballet Theater: A non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, brings thirty years of professional experience to Collin County and the highest level of professional standards in the art of dance.
- Friends of the Allen Public Library: An all-volunteer, nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting the Allen Public Library through funds and programs.
- Public Art Committee: O
Environment and Conservation
- Allen Garden Club: Seeks to educate the people in Allen and surrounding areas about natural gardening practices and the benefits of gardening, encouraging people to conserve our natural resources and exemplify public spirit by participation in community service projects.
- Collin County Master Gardeners: An educational service organization of volunteers trained in horticulture, landscaping, soil improvement, water conservation and many other subjects of importance to Texas gardeners. CCMG is affiliated with the Texas AgriLife Extension Service of the Texas A&M University system.
- Keep Allen Beautiful: A designated city board supported by staff in the City of Allen Solid Waste Division. KAB offers a variety of volunteer involvement programs, annual events, and green initiatives.
- Water Conservation Block Leader Program: Partner with Allen Water Conservation to spread the message of water conservation to your neighbors.
- Allen Heritage Guild: Maintains the Allen Heritage Center, which features events and preserves historic materials related to the development and history of Allen, and Allen Heritage Village, several preserved and restored historic structures which preserve Allen's rich history.
- North Texas History Center: Discovers, preserves, and shares our North Texas heritage with present and future generations through its museums and programs.
Parks and Recreation
- Allen Parks Foundation:Assists in enhancing the Allen park system and recreational facilities through expanded development and recreational programming.
- Allen Senior Recreation Center:Volunteers play a vital role in the success of ASRC by assisting with front desk reception, assisting with special events or serving as a class instructor.
- Allen Public Safety Recovery Fund: Ensures funds are available and appropriately dispersed to public safety personnel in cases where emergency financial assistance is needed.
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT): Train in fire safety, search and rescue, and disaster medical operations to help your neighborhood or workplace in case of a large-scale emergency.
- Citizens Fire Academy: Residents experience an inside look at the Allen Fire Department during the 10-week program,
- Citizens Police Academy: Residents learn about the Allen Police Department, including criminal law, patrol tactics and surveillance techniques during the 12-week. Graduates are eligible to train for two additional volunteer groups.
- Allen Public Library VolunTeens:Allen Public Library accepts teenage volunteer applicants twice per year: in May for summer positions and in August for school year positions.
- Boy Scouts of America - Eagle Trail District: An educational program for boys and young adults to build character, to train in the responsibilities of participating citizenship, and to develop personal fitness.
- Girl Scouts of the USA – Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas Council: Helps girls develop leadership skills, strong values, social conscience and conviction about their own potential and self-worth through volunteerism and service work.
- Junior Police Academy: Students entering the 7th, 8th or 9th grades can experience law enforcement first-hand in the annual summer camp.
- Summer Fire Academy: Teaches 5th and 6th grade students what it takes to be an Allen firefighter. Students will rehearse practical first aid and fire safety skills, learn about firefighting equipment, build self-confidence and explore firefighting as a possible future career.
Other Civic Organizations
- Allen-Fairview Chamber of Commerce
- Allen Kiwanis Club
- Allen Lions Club
- Allen High Noon Lions Club
- Allen Masonic Lodge No. 1435
- Rotary Club of Allen
- Rotary Club of Allen Sunrise
- Allen Veterans Memorial
- Daughters of the American Revolution National Society
- VFW Armistice Memorial Post 2195