Moving Here

Allen offers a friendly community with exceptional schools, excellent city services and a nationally-recognized parks and recreation program. With four premier shopping destinations, an award-winning golf course, nearly 200 restaurants and our own 7,000-seat arena, our city boasts something for everyone. You can stay informed about city news and events by following the City of Allen on social media or subscribing to our alerts and newsletters. View all the ways to connect with us.

We hope the following resources help make your move as smooth as possible. Welcome to Allen!
  1. DRIVERS LICENSE & Registration
  3. Taxes & Appraisals
  1. Utilities
  2. Voting
  3. Pets
  • If you live in the CoServ or Grayson-Collin Electric Cooperative (GCEC) service area, then you must use the designated electricity cooperative provider. If you live in an Oncor supply area, you can use the database to reference a list of electric providers and fact sheets on service plan options. While there are many electric service providers, Oncor still manages the electrical infrastructure for your residence and they would handle power outage issues as a result of damage to power lines or delivery systems. 
  • Gas service is provided by either Atmos Energy or CoServ Gas.
  • Internet and premium television providers include AT&T UverseSpectrum (formerly Time Warner Cable), Frontier (Frontier, Spanish language) and Grande Communications. Access to the City's government access channel, Allen City Television (ACTV), is available on cable only. Residents using dish or satellite services can access the channel online through live streaming or video on demand. Or check out the ACTV YouTube channel using SmartTV technology.
  • The Public Utility Commission of Texas can assist you in finding phone service operators. Visit the Telephone Options webpage and enter "Allen" in the search field.
  • Trash and Recycling billing is handled by the City of Allen. Service begins automatically when new residents request water and sewer service.
  • Water and Sewer service is handled by the City of Allen.
  • If your home has an alarm system, you must register for an alarm permit with the City of Allen. Registration costs $50 and is good for one year. Apply online.