What is a StoryWalk?
A StoryWalk is a self-led activity in which pages of a children's storybook are placed along a path or trail. To participate in Allen Public Library's StoryWalk, begin at sign #1 by the flagpole entrance outside the Library building and continue to follow the numbered signs as you read along. We hope you enjoy this interactive book experience.
#MyAPLStoryWalk is a StoryWalk experience created by you for you!
We are looking for your original stories and illustrations to create our next StoryWalk.
How to participate:
- Use the template to write and illustrate an original short story or scene from a story. Submissions must use the template provided. A printed copy of the template is available for pick up in the Children’s Library.
- Story, characters, and artwork must be original creations. Entries featuring copyrighted material will be disqualified.
- Limit one entry per person.
- Participation is limited to ages 18 and under only.
- The completed entry form and the completed template must be returned to the Children's Desk by Friday, February 11, 2022 at 6 p.m.
- #MyAPLStoryWalk with selected submissions will be displayed outside the Library during March and April 2022.
- All entries become property of the Allen Public Library and may be reproduced in print or digital form for promotional use. By submitting an entry, the artist agrees to allow Allen Public Library unrestricted use of submitted material. Submissions will not be returned.
- Selections will be made by a panel of judges comprised of Allen Public Library staff. Judges' decisions are final.
Submissions due by Friday, February 11, 2022
Email Alissa Tudor at email@example.com with any questions.
StoryWalk will return in March 2022.
October/November 2021 - Sponsored by The Dinosaur Company
I'm a Dirty Dinosaur by Janeen Brian and Ann James
September 2021 - ALLen Reads Book
That Book Woman by Heather Henson and David Small
Bear Came Along by Richard T. Morris
The Crocodile Who Didn't Like Water by Gemma Merino
Norman, the Slug With the Silly Shell by Sue Hendra
Little Penguin Gets the Hiccups by Tadgh Bentley
Crunch, the Shy Dinosaur by Cirocco Dunlap
It's a Tiger by David LaRochelle
Leap Frog by Jane Clarke
Have you enjoyed our StoryWalk? Let us know by leaving a comment below!
The StoryWalk Project was created by Anne Ferguson of Montpelier, VT and developed in collaboration with the Kellogg-Hubbard Library. Storywalk is a registered service mark owned by Ms. Ferguson.