Contractor and Commercial Services
All contractors are required to register with the City of Allen for $50 annually.
Registration forms may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted in person at the Building Services window at Allen City Hall (305 Century Parkway).
To receive a permit, contractors must submit all required documents and fees.
Applications for most commercial construction permits must be submitted in person at the Building Services window at Allen City Hall (305 Century Parkway). However, you may use the Citizen Self Service (CSS) portal to apply for the following permits online:
- Sign permits
- Banner permits
- Grand opening (signs/inflatables) permits
Contractors may use the Citizen Self Service (CSS) portal to apply for certain residential permits. View current list of online permits on the Residential Services page. Please allow 1-2 business days to approve new accounts and process permits. For same-day residential permits, visit the Building Services window.
You can find a list of the required inspections and inspection codes for your project on the final page(s) of your permit.
Scheduling Inspections (should be same as residential)
- Commercial Construction Packet
- Guide to Permit Submittals
- Building Permit Application
- Commercial Review Checklist (includes Multi-Family)
- Certificate of Occupancy
- Plan Revision Form
Forms for Miscellaneous Commercial Permits
- Backflow Test Report
- Drainage & Grading Affidavit
- Fence / Wall Review Checklist
- Irrigation Review Checklist
- Irrigation Audit Inspection Form
- Pool / Spa Review Checklist
- Sign Review Checklist (See Sign Regulations page)
- Smoking Ordinance Compliance Form
- Special Event / Temporary Use Permit Application
- SWPP (Storm Water Mgmt.) Form
- Temporary Open Top Order Sheet (See CWD for further details.)
Restaurant Construction and Remodeling
Health Permit (Food/Childcare/Pools)
*If you are selling food at an event which received a temporary use permit, you must apply for an receive a health permit. If you are giving away free samples or donating food for an event, your are not required to obtain a health permit. Mobile food vendors with a health permit to operate as a mobile food vendor are not required to obtain a separate health permit to operate at a special event. However, they are required to notify Health Staff of their intention to operate at the event.