Food Safety

Environmental Health Specialists inspect food establishments and ensure compliance with food safety regulations outlined in the Environmental Health Ordinance.

Health Scores

Health Inspection Scores are based on a 100-point system. Restaurants are inspected twice per year. Scores are updated monthly and contain the latest six-month inspection report. You can learn more about health scores here

Health Permits

Health Permit Applications are required for all permanent, temporary and mobile food establishments, including schools and childcare facilities. A new permit is required if you remodel your restaurant, change its name or change ownership. Owners/managers are responsible for renewing their health permits prior to expiration.

Food Safety Guidelines

Food Safety Training 

Food service establishments must have a Certified Food Manager (CFM) on duty at all times of operation to oversee food service operations and ensure proper food handling practices. All remaining employees (including kitchen staff, wait staff, host/hostess, cleaning staff, etc.) must obtain Food Handler training within 30 days of employment.

The City of Allen does not provide food safety training but accepts certifications from Learn2Serve and ServeSafe. Certifications issued by other cities are not acceptable. Please contact us with questions about training requirements.