Community CPR Classes
Allen Fire Department has a big goal: teach every capable Allen citizen to perform CPR. Through free monthly classes, group training and special events, we hope to empower each participant to act quickly and confidently in an emergency.
Allen Fire Department offers a free Family and Friends CPR class on the third Saturday of each month, along with other dates as available. This hands-on training from the American Heart Association teaches how to perform CPR on adults, children and infants - both with and without the use of rescue breaths. Participants will also learn to use various AED (automated external defibrillator) devices, commonly found in public buildings such as offices, schools, recreation facilities and shopping centers. The goal of this class is to empower participants to save the life of a friend, family member or stranger. Participants do not receive a formal CPR certification.
Register for a class
Classes are free, but participants must register in advance. Open to ages 10 and up. (Until students turn 16, they must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.) Select a class and register now.
- Saturday, May 18, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Register
- Saturday, May 18, 12-2 p.m. - Register
- Tuesday, May 21, 7-9 p.m. - Register
- Saturday, June 15, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Register
- Saturday, June 15, 12-2 p.m. - Register
- Tuesday, June 18, 7-9 p.m. - Register
- Tuesday, July 16, 7-9 p.m. - Register
- Saturday, July 20, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Register
- Saturday, July 20, 12-2 p.m. - Register
- Saturday, August 17, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Register
- Saturday, August 17, 12-2 p.m. - Register
- Tuesday, August 20, 7 p.m. - Register
- Tuesday, September 17, 7 p.m. - Register
- Saturday, September 21, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. - Register
- Saturday, September 21, 12-2 p.m. - Register
Allen Fire Department offers CPR training to businesses, schools, churches and other groups located in Allen. Depending on the type of training requested, a small fee may apply for each participant. Call Allen Fire Department EMS Specialist Tony Cooper at 214.509.4420 or email him to learn more.
In addition to free monthly classes and group training, Allen Fire Department plans to offer free CPR training at select special events held in Allen. Events will be listed on this page and on the City's community calendar.