City of Allen Swim Team (COAST)
The City of Allen Swim Team (COAST) is a summer swim program that's part of the Texas Amateur Athletic Federation and sponsored by the City of Allen Parks and Recreation Department. All registered COAST swimmers have the option to compete in five weekly meets as well as Regionals (typically on Saturdays) with other Region 7 TAAF teams. Qualified and willing participants have the opportunity to advance to the TAAF State Games of Texas!
- Swimmers will begin to register for COAST beginning in early March when summer registration opens up for all City of Allen programming. You can sign up at Don Rodenbaugh Natatorium. All new participants are encouraged to sign up in person at Don Rodenbaugh Natatorium for an overview of the program and to ensure all questions are answered.
- The COAST summer swim team practices Monday through Friday following the last week of school for Allen Independent School District. COAST practice times vary each year but will generally follow the order listed below:
Summer Practice schedule
Age / group
|New COAST Elite*
||6:30 to 7:45 a.m.|
|Age 11-12||7:50 to 9:05 a.m.|
|Age 9-10||9:10 to 10:10 a.m.|
|Age 8 and younger||10:15 to 11:15 a.m.|
|Age 6 and younger||11:20 a.m. to 12:05 p.m.|
*To participate on COAST Elite, you must set up a tryout with Head Coach Tia McVey.
- Families signing up multiple children can chose for all of them to swim at the same time regardless of age to accommodate busy schedules. BUT, it is highly recommended that you chose times based on the appropriate age group to ensure that participants are adequately pushed to excel with the proper training.
- Winter Games: Any COAST swimmers interested may participate in the TAAF Winter Games held every January. Information is distributed to stroke clinic participants and through the COAST email list.
- COAST spring training will be offered twice a week for 45 minutes.
Texas Amateur Athletic Federation (TAAF) Rules
- All swimmers must adhere to TAAF rules regarding off-season practice. See Article 23 of the TAAF Swimming Manual of Procedures for more information.