Custer Road Transfer Station
9901 Custer Road (southwest corner of Ridgeview and Custer Road)
Plano, TX 75025
Hours of operation
- Monday - Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Closed Sundays and major holidays
- ID required: Current City of Allen utility bill and Texas driver's license; addresses must match.
- All loads must be covered (tarped or tied down) according to State law.
- North Texas Municipal Water District Transfer Stations accept two visits per month for trash disposal, and two visits for yard trimmings disposal, per residential household.
- This service is not intended for large volumes of home improvement waste. Contractors may not dispose of residents’ home improvement waste at this location. Please dispose of all home improvement waste at the 121 Regional Disposal Facility (address below).
- Loads delivered in a commercial or contractor vehicle and/or trailer (with the business name visible on either the truck or trailer) are charged the associated per yard tipping fee. Loads delivered in a perceived commercial or contractor vehicle and/or trailer (equipped with landscape equipment such as mowers, weed eaters, or irrigation tools) will be charged the associated per yard tipping fee.
- This facility and disposal option is not intended for commercial or business use by Allen residents. If the volume of dumped material equals or exceeds 15 cubic yards per month for two consecutive months, the vehicle owner will be advised that future loads will be charged the associated tipping fee.
- Residential loads must arrive in a passenger vehicle, pick-up truck or trailer of any size, as long as the non-dumping trailer is towed behind a passenger vehicle or pick-up truck. Flat-bed rental trucks are acceptable. Stake bed and box trucks are not acceptable (see pictures below).
Acceptable Residential Items
Wastes generated within the residential property that are up to 8 feet for any given dimension. Examples of acceptable waste include:
The following materials may be dropped-off by residents to be recycled:
Remember to bring your current City of Allen water utility bill and Texas driver's license; addresses must match. Visit the North Texas Municipal Water District website for more information.
Lookout Transfer Station
1601 E Lookout Drive Richardson, TX 75081
Parkway Transfer Station
4030 W. Plano Parkway (just west of Coit Road) Plano, TX 75093
121 Regional Disposal Facility
(Use for Construction & Remodeling Waste)
3820 Sam Rayburn Tollway, Melissa, TX 75454
Hours of Operation
Monday -Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Closed Sundays and major holidays
List of all acceptable items that may be delivered to this facility
*Construction and remodeling materials, including sheet rock, brick, rock, gravel, concrete, carpet and fence panels in any dimension, dirt, sod and soil must be transported to the 121 Regional Disposal Facility and will incur a disposal fee to be paid by the resident. All loads must be covered (tarped or tied down) according to state law.
For commercial only: Prior to disposing waste at the Landfill, you must have an account with the NTMWD Finance Department. To set up an account, or inquire about terms and conditions, please call NTMWD at 972.442.5405.
Styrofoam is not accepted at CWD recycling facilities. However, residents may take advantage of two local options for recycling Styrofoam products.
Frisco Environmental Collection Center
The Frisco Environmental Collection Center (6616 Walnut Street, Frisco) is open to all, including non-Frisco residents and commercial entities. No I.D. or proof of residency is required. Cardboard also accepted at this location. See list of accepted and not accepted materials on the City of Frisco website.
First Saturday Styrofoam Recycling Drop-Off
The First Saturday Styrofoam Recycling Drop-Off is run by a group of volunteers in Lucas and surrounding areas. The program is open to all, regardless of residency. Participants may bring clean egg cartons, meat trays, fast food clam shell containers, cups and packing materials. Packing peanuts and certain other packing materials are not accepted. See a list of upcoming events on the group's Facebook page.