City of Allen Swim Team
The City of Allen Swim Team (COAST) is a summer only swim program that's part of the Texas Amateur Athletic Federation and sponsored by the City of Allen Parks and Recreation Department. COAST participates in weekly meets with other area TAAF teams with the opportunity to advance to the TAAF State Games of Texas.
Ages & Practices
Offseason PracticeCOAST does not offer off season practice times, however many swimmers choose to enter the City of Allen Stroke Clinic Program. Call the Don Rodenbaugh Natatorium for stroke clinic information 214.509.4770
All swimmers must adhere to the TAAF rules regarding
- Swimmers are allowed unlimited practice time between May 1 and December 31.
- Swimmers are limited to 90 minutes per week between January 1 and April 30.
Winter GamesAny COAST swimmers interested may participate in the TAAF Winter Games, held every January. Information is distributed to stroke clinic participants and through the COAST email list.
Swimmers can register in person at Don Rodenbaugh Natatorium. All COAST practices are held at the newly renovated Ford Pool.
- The COAST Parent Meeting is at Don Rodenbaugh Natatorium on May 20 at 6:30 p.m.
- The 2018 COAST Packet includes almost all the information you need.
The Swimmers are split into five age groups — 13 and older, 12 - 11 year old, 10 - 9 year old, 8 - 7 year old and 6 year old and under.
Ages 13+ 7:00 - 8:30 a.m.
Ages 12 - 11 8:35 - 9:35 a.m.
Ages 10 - 9 9:40 - 10:40 a.m.
Ages 8 - 7 10:45 - 11:30 a.m.
Ages 6 and under 11:35 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
- $105 - Don Rodenbaugh Natatorium Members
- $115 - Non-Members