Health & Medicine
- Healthfinder - A website sponsored by the government that has resources on a wide range of health topics selected from over 1,600 government and non-profit organizations to bring you the best, most reliable health information on the Internet.
- Mayo Clinic - Provides information and services from the world's first and largest integrated, not-for-profit group medical practice. Manage your health with information and tools that reflect the expertise of Mayo's 3,400 physicians and scientists, learn how to access medical services, and discover Mayo's medical research and education offerings.
- Medline Plus - Produced by the National Library of Medicine and brings you information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues in language you can understand. You can use MedlinePlus to learn about the latest treatments, look up information on a drug or supplement, find out the meanings of words, or view medical videos or illustrations. You can also get links to the latest medical research on your topic or find out about clinical trials on a disease or condition.
- Merck Online Medical Library - The online version of the various Merck manuals.
- National Institute on Aging
- Texas Department of State and Health Services - The Texas Department of Health Audiovisual Library circulates materials throughout Texas for a short time basis. They have health related ½" VHS video, CD-ROMs, slides, audiocassettes, educational models, charts, and 16mm film. There are some Spanish and bilingual (English and Spanish) materials. There is no charge for Texas residents to borrow from our library except for return shipping charges.
There are medical and health related resources available through the TexShare Databases. Call the Reference Desk at 214.509.4905 for more information or to obtain the password.