Start/Cancel/Transfer Service

Start, cancel or transfer your City of Allen utility account.

Start Service

New residents must create an account in the Citizen Self Service portal. A $100 initial deposit will appear on the first month's bill.

Identity Verification
City of Allen uses social security, driver's license, and credit reporting agencies to verify customer identities when accounts are opened. Your driver's license or other government I.D. must be uploaded to your account through Citizen Self Service. The City reports customer debt to credit reporting agencies if accounts are closed and final balances are not paid in full. This can impact an individual's credit rating for up to seven years.

Transfer Service

Residents moving within Allen must submit a Transfer Service Request Form to transfer utility service from one home to another.  Trash and recycling carts must remain at the original residence and should be secured (preferably in the garage) prior to moving. A fee for each missing cart will be charged to resident's final utility bill.

Cancel Service

Residents must terminate service using the Citizen Self Service portal. If you need assistance, public computers are available in Utility Billing at Allen City Hall during normal business hours. Only those authorized on the account may terminate service.