Initiating / Cancelling Service

Moving to Allen

New residents must create an account in Citizen Self Service. A $100 initial deposit will appear on the first month's bill.

Identity Verification

The City uses social security, driver's license, and credit reporting agencies to verify customer identities when accounts are opened. Your driver's license or other government I.D. must be uploaded to your account through Citizen Self Service. The City reports customer debt to credit reporting agencies if accounts are closed and final balances are not paid in full. This can impact an individual's credit rating for up to seven years.

New Resident Information

If you're new to Allen, see our New Resident Brochure and use the links below to access other useful information:

Last, don’t forget to sign up for news and discover all the ways you can Stay Connected with the City of Allen!

Moving Within Allen

Residents must submit a Transfer Service Request Form to transfer utility service from one Allen home to another. All trash and recycling carts must be secured prior to moving. The City recommends storing them in the garage. Trash and recycling carts must remain at the original residence. A fee of $82.21 per missing cart will be charged to resident's final utility bill.

Terminating Service

Residents must terminate service using the Citizen Self Service Portal.
If you need assistance, public computers are available in Utility Billing at Allen City Hall during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.). Only those authorized on the account may terminate service.