Click to Home

Go To Search
HomeVisit AllenLive in AllenDo Business in AllenDepartments and ServicesNews and EventsI Need To

Addressing the Council
Citizens may speak at City Council meetings on agenda and non-agenda items by completing and submitting a public meeting appearance card. These forms are located on a back table upon entering the Council Chambers.

Once you have completed your form, please present your card to the city secretary prior to the start of the meeting. Groups that want to address the same issue are encouraged to select a spokesperson.

The mayor will ask those wishing to address the City Council to do so at the appropriate time. Please approach the speaker’s podium in the center of the Council Chambers, state your name and address for the official meeting record, and discuss the specific agenda item or topic of interest.

Please direct your comments to the mayor. Although the City Council cannot take specific action during citizens’ comments for items not on the regular agenda due to legal requirements, the City Council may:
  • Have the item placed on a future agenda for action
  • Refer the item to staff for study or conclusion
  • Refer the item to the full City Council or a subcommittee for further study

allen city hall photo