Click to Home

Go To Search
HomeVisit AllenLive in AllenDo Business in AllenDepartments and ServicesNews and EventsI Need To

Juvenile / Minor Offenses
If you are 16 years old or younger and are issued a citation, your parent / guardian will be sent a letter to appear with you in court before the Municipal Judge. The entry of the plea cannot be handled in writing, by mail, by fine payment or at the Municipal Court's cashier window. Please note that if you fail to appear on the scheduled court date, a notice will be sent to the Texas Department of Public Safety to suspend your driver's license or prohibit you from getting one. Suspension of a driver's license will also be submitted to DPS for non-payment of fines.

If a Driving Safety Course is requested in court, a juvenile must have a valid Texas driver's license or permit and proof of insurance with them.

A child and parent required to appear before the court have an obligation to provide the court in writing with the current address and residence of the child. The obligation does not end when the child reaches age 17. On or before the seventh day after the date the child or parent changes residence, the child or parent shall notify the court of the current address in the manner directed by the court. A violation of this subsection may result in arrest and is a Class C misdemeanor. The obligation to provide notice terminates on discharge and satisfaction of the judgment of final disposition not requiring a finding of guilt.

If an appellate court accepts an appeal for a trial de novo, the child and parent shall provide the notice pursuant to the above statement to the appellate court.

If you are between 17-20 years old and are cited for an alcohol-related violation, you will receive a notice to appear before the Municipal Judge. The entry of a plea cannot be handled in writing, by mail, by fine payment or at the Municipal Court's cashier window. The following are offenses for which a minor must appear before the Municipal Judge:
  • Attempt to purchase alcohol by minor
  • Consumption of alcohol by minor
  • Misrepresentation of age by a minor
  • Possession of alcohol by minor
  • Purchase of alcohol by minor

Contact Information
Municipal Court
Staff Directory
Municipal Court and Parks and Recreation Building
301 Century Parkway
Allen, Texas 75013

Phone: 214.509.4380
Fax: 214.509.4389

Mon / Tue / Thu / Fri
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Info Advanced
Get Viral
Facebook YouTube
Municipal Court Building