CONDITIONAL ADOPTERS (PROBATIONARY)
Groups usually become conditional adopters when they:
- do not complete their minimum four (4) cleanups within the contracted time period.
- do not turn in stat reports within ten (10) days of their cleanups.
- do not turn in pictures of each cleanup within ten (10) days of their cleanups.
- do not understand the supply request process.
- do not complete their required safety training or new program orientation.
- do not complete their required safety training or new program orientation after a change in leadership.
- do not sign a contract during the month of September.
- do not update their contact information with program coordinators.
CONDITIONAL ADOPTERS have one (1) contract year to complete the terms of their contract before their area is fully revoked and put up for adoption. During this time, they must demonstrate that they understand the rules and procedures of the program by completing the
ONE (1) YEAR CONTRACT TERMS
- Conduct four cleanups per year (quarterly) including two (2) city-wide cleanups held in April and November.
- Provide statistics report to Keep Allen Beautiful at the conclusion of each cleanup within ten days.
- Submit photos via e-mail, Twitter, or Facebook.
- Order and maintain cleanup supplies within two (2) weeks of each cleanup. Do NOT schedule months in advance.
- Return cleanup supplies within two (2) days of each cleanup if borrowing temporary supplies.
SIGNS AND LOCATIONS
Conditional adopters without an existing cleanup location must do their cleanups selected from one of the cleanup locations listed on the watch list. If the adopter has already been assigned a location then they may use that location for the completion of their required cleanups. If the group has lost their area then the selection of new location is based on what is available at the time of adoption NOT based on what is available at the time of cleanup. Groups must complete their conditional year prior to being allocated a sign and area.
CONDITIONAL CONTRACT YEAR IN REVIEW
- October 1: Contracts begin.
- November: Group must complete a cleanup within a two (2) window of the citywide cleanup effort known as Allen Recycles Day (1st Saturday in November).
- April: Groups must complete a cleanup within a two (2) window of the citywide cleanup effort known as the Great American Cleanup (usually 3rd Saturday in April).
- August 31: Groups must complete all four (4) cleanups for the September assessment and contract renewals for the following year.
- September 30: Groups must sign new contracts for the following year. Areas not contracted will be given away to new groups who have completed the conditional cleanup requirements.
- October 1: Contracts begin again.
ELIGIBILITY FOR RENEWAL
RENEWAL CHECKLISTContracted areas lost during renewals will be put up for adoption in the upcoming adoption season without notice.
- Completed min of four (4) cleanups
- Provided staff pictures of each cleanup
- Submitted stats for each cleanup within ten (10) days of each cleanup
- Participated in Allen Recycles Day and the Great American Cleanup
- Point of contact has received safety training (applies to new point of contacts for organizations and new groups)
REFERENCE: How to Order Supplies
- Go to www.KeepAllenBeautiful.com
- Click on “Adopt-A-Program”
- Click on “ORDER SUPPLIES”
You may pick up your supplies at the Utility Billing Window, City Hall, 305 Century Parkway, Allen, TX 75013 after receiving a confirmation email. Only submit supply requests within 2 weeks of cleanup date.
REFERENCE: What to Do Once You’re Done Cleaning Up
- Collect and condense your plastic bags and leave them by your sign or at a major intersection with high visibility for pickup. Make sure to describe in detail where you left your bag in your statistics report.
- Submit your statistic report by going to www.keepallenbeautiful.com > “Adopt-A-Program” > “Submit Cleanup Stats”
- Email Josué Diaz your photos of your cleanup at firstname.lastname@example.org photos of your cleanup or tweet them directly via Twitter to @K_A_B.