Using the Allen Public Library Die-Cut Machines
Two die-cutting machines are available for use in the library by ages 14 and up. These machines are primarily for use by library staff, but can be made available to the public. They are located in the Children's staff workroom.
You must make an appointment to use the die-cutting machines.
- Reservations must be made at least a day in advance and are required to use the machines. Please make a reservation by calling the Children's Department at 214-509-4906.
- The die-cut machines are available to the public on Mondays and Wednesdays between 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Please check our current list of die-cuts to see all the shapes we currently offer.
- Only ages 14 and up are allowed to operate the die-cut machines.
- No children under the age of 10 are allowed in the Children's work room. You must provide other supervision for your children.
- A Children's staff member must be present in the workroom while a machine is in use. This will be determined when making your reservation.
- There is no charge to use the machine; however, users must bring their own materials. Appropriate materials include paper, construction paper, card stock, foam sheets, and felt sheets.
- Users must clean the work area after use of the machine and return dies to their proper place.
For more information, please read the full Die-Cutting Policy.