Mayor (Term: 2017-2020)
As Allen’s mayor since 1997, Stephen Terrell has helped Allen grow from a small town of 34,000 to a vibrant city of nearly 100,000. In addition to leading the Allen City Council, Mayor Terrell represents Allen’s interests through involvement in the North Central Texas Council of Governments, North Texas Commission, Regional Transportation Council and Dallas Regional Mobility Committee.
Mayor Terrell’s interest in city government stemmed from his experience as a small business owner. He believed Allen needed to enhance its economic base to help alleviate the tax burden on homeowners. During his tenure, Allen has welcomed numerous major retail and employment centers, helping to create a more diverse and sustainable tax base. He understands the importance of customer service and strives to provide a timely response to questions and concerns.
Mayor Terrell and his wife, Sally, are co-owners of Terrell’s Dry Cleaning. They have a son, daughter and two grandkids.
City Council Representative
- Collin County Planning Board (2017-present)
- Mayor’s Committee (1997-present)
- Voting Representative, North Central Texas Council of Government (2000-present)
- Voting Representative, Dallas Regional Mobility Committee (2008-present)
- Board of Directors, North Texas Commission (2011-present)
- Board Member, NCTCOG 9-1-1 Advisory Committee (2012-present)
- Board Member, Regional Transportation Council (2014-present)
- NCTCOG Executive Board (2009-2015)
- Immediate Past President (2014-2015)
- President (2013-2014)
- Vice President (2012-2013)
- Board Secretary (2011-2012)
- Allen City Council, Place No. 5 (1991-1997)
- Library Facility Oversight Committee (2002-2003)
- Voting Representative, Dallas Regional Mobility Council (through 2006)
- Allen Community Development Corporation (1996-1997)
- Allen Industrial Development Corporation (1992)